Terms & Conditions
THE LICENSE AGREEMENT BELOW DEFINES YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS. BY ENROLLING FOR ANY Mariners Learning System™ ON-LINE COURSES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT.
SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT:
- This agreement between you and Mariners Learning System™ for the use of Mariners Learning System™ Online Courses.
- This Software is protected by both United States and International copyright law. Therefore, you must treat this license and access to software just like a book, with the following exceptions: you agree, pursuant to the license, not rent or lease the software in any way or form. You may not copy or reproduce the software or electronic files in any manner. The access to the software is limited to one person per access key or password and may not be used at one location while simultaneously used at another.
- This license is not for sale. Title and copyright of the software, accompanying Documentation and any access to the software remain with Mariners Learning System™. Unauthorized use of the software or failure to comply with the above restrictions will result in automatic termination of this license and will make available to Mariners Learning System™ other legal remedies.
Software Limited Warranty:
- This warranty applies to the Software, the use of which is hereby licensed, the media on which the program is supplied, and the Documentation supplied with it. Mariners Learning System™ warrants for ninety (90) days from the date of delivery that the Software, under normal use, will substantially perform as described in the documentation.
- Except for the express limited warranties, Mariners Learning System™ makes, and you receive, no warranties, express, implied statutory or any communication with you and Mariners Learning System™ specifically disclaims any implied warranty or merchantability of fitness for a particular purpose, Mariners does not warrant that the operation of the Software will be uninterrupted or error free.
LIMITS OF LIABILITY:
- This Access to the Software is intended for training purposes and is not to be used for navigation in any way. In no event will Mariners Learning System™ be liable for any damages including damage to vessels or property, loss of life, or other consequences of navigation. Mariners Learning System™ will neither be liable for loss of data, lost profits, cost of cover or other special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages arising from the use of the Software or accompanying documentation, however caused and on any theory of liability. This limitation will apply even if Mariners Learning System™ or any authorized dealer has been advised of the possibility of such damage. You acknowledge that the license fee reflects this allocation or risk.
- Use, duplication or disclosure by the U.S. Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in FAR 52.227-19 (Commercial Computer Software Restricted Rights) and DFAR 252.227-7013(c)(l)(ii) (Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software), as applicable.
- General: This agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey and not by the 1980 U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
- Online courses expire one year after a student signs into the online student classroom.
Return and cancellation policy
- Mariners Learning System™ has very rarely ever had an issue of product returns. Our online tours and product reviews do a thorough job of presenting the content and quality of our products. However, it is corporate policy that we establish and publish a written procedure which will be followed:
- If an order should be canceled by the customer before it is shipped, there would be no charge to your account.
- Products, other than our online courses or software, can be returned (minus shipping charges) within 10 days of the product shipping date, provided they are in original packaging and resalable condition. Refunds would be posted within 2 business days of receipt of the returned product. Refunds are subject to a 15% restocking and shipping fees. If products are not returned in "original packaging and resalable condition" no refunds will be issued and the product will be shipped back to the customer at their cost.
- Individual online courses; software products, site licenses, purchased online can be refunded as above prior to online registration or the beginning of the course. Due to the proprietary nature of these materials once the product has been registered or course begun there are no returns or refunds. Terms of usage are explained in the License Agreements and in the Terms & Conditions.
- If an online course or software is purchased at a boat show or other special event the terms and conditions defined in the signed registration agreement superceed the above refund policy.
- A defective product of any type would be replaced at no expense to the customer.
- Please contact Mariners Learning System™ for a return authorization (RA) number before returning any product, without a RA no returns will be accepted and will be shipped back to the customer at their expense.
- Mariners Learning System™ Support Staff and Return Authorization contact information: Toll Free: 1-866-SEA-CAPT
Mariners Learning System™
Proctored Testing Cancellation Policy
- Registered students who are unable to attend their scheduled proctored exam are required to cancel their appointment for testing in writing at least 14 business days before the scheduled test date. Cancellation for testing must sent to the Mariners Learning System™ staff in writing via email to testing@MarinersLearningSystem.com the student must receive written confirmation in order for the cancellation to be valid.
- If a student does not notify Mariners Learning System™ via email of their intention to change their confirmed proctored exam date at least 14 business days prior to the test date or if a student does not attend the registered test date, a $95.00 fee will be assessed the next time the student registers to take a proctored exam.
- If a student does not follow the testing policy once again at a future test date, the student will be charged another fee of $95.00 when they reschedule. As long as this policy is followed there is NO additional charge for changing a confirmed proctored test date. Any student who has questions regarding this policy is directed to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This agreement is the entire agreement between Mariners Learning System™ and supersedes any other communication or advertising with respect to the program and accompanying Documentation.
- If any provisions of this Agreement are held invalid, the remainder of this agreement will continue in full force and effect.