Package F: OUPV/Six-Pack and Master 25/50/100 Upgrade with Auxiliary Sailing & Towing Endorsements
Get the best bang for your buck by purchasing our Package F Auxiliary Sailing and Towing Endorsement tests.
Get the best Bang for Your Buck by purchasing these courses as a bundled package. Save $400.00!
The Package F: OUPV/Six-Pack and Master 25/50/100 Upgrade with Auxiliary Sailing & Towing Endorsements includes the following modules:
This Deluxe Edition includes one complete set of the following training materials:
One year's access to our award-winning Internet based narrated lecture and interactive learning system. Included with each Mariners Learning System™ course is 24/7 access to our online instructors. In the rare event that an online instructor cannot answer your question, toll free telephone support with one of our Staff Instructors will be provided.
MLS iVideo Training Series
- Navigational Rules of the Road
- Piloting and General Navigation
- Lifesaving Equipment & Safety
- Emergency Procedures
- Watch a Video Clip
MLS Study Guides
- Navigational Rules of the Road
- Seamanship for the Mariner
- Navigation for the Mariner
- Navigation for the Mariner - Ref Materials
- Maritime Law – Inspected Passenger Vessels
- Assistance Towing Endorsement
- Auxiliary Sailing Endorsement
- This Deluxe Edition includes both Hardcopy and Digital versions of these study guides. Click on any book title to view an excerpt.
Deluxe Navigator’s Tool Set
- (1) Full sized Long Island Sound Training Chart – 12354TR
- (1) Weems & Plath 12" Nautical Parallel Rule
- (1) Weems & Plath 6" Dividers
- (2) Plotting Pencils
- (1) Plotting Eraser
- (1) Pencil Sharpener
The USCG Master License allows the holder to operate inspected vessels as well as uninspected vessels. Any vessel that is certified (authorized) by the USCG to carry more than 6 paying passengers plus crew must have a Boat Captain who holds a 25/50/100 Ton Master license. Ferry boats, harbor tours boats, whale watch boats are examples of inspected vessels.
There are 4 different Master Licenses a mariner may qualify for such as the Master Inland or Master Near Coastal. Both the amount of sea service time and the size vessels you have been on will influence the license you are eligible for. Master licenses are tonnage rated at 25 GT (gross tons), 50 GT, or 100 GT.
The tonnage you are awarded is determined by the size vessels you've gained experience on in the last 3 years - it's called "recency experience." You are not required to advance through the different licenses one at a time. If you meet the USCG requirements for the master 100GT Near Coastal, you'll get that license as your first license.
The 4 types of up to 100GT Master licenses are listed below along with the requirements:
- Master Inland: 360 days underway experience since age 16; 90 of those 360 days in the last 3 years. Completion of approved course and test.
- Master Inland/OUPV: 360 days underway experience since age 16; 90 of those 360 days in the last 3 years; 90 of those 360 days outside the boundary lines. Completion of the Mariners Learning System™ Coast Guard approved course.
- Master Inland/Mate N.C.: 360 days underway experience since age 16; 90 days of those 360 days in the last 3 years; 180 of those 360 days outside the boundary lines. Completion of the Mariners Learning System™ Coast Guard approved course.
- Master Near Coastal: 720 days underway experience since age 16; 90 of those 720 days in the last 3 years; 360 of those 720 days outside the boundary lines. Completion of the Mariners Learning System™ Coast Guard approved course.
Additional Requirements Include:
- Obtain aTransportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC Card)
- Minimum age: 19 years old (U.S. Citizenship Required)
- Pass a Physical Examination
- Pass a Drug Test unless enrolled in a USCG-approved random drug program for the last 185 days, and with no failure or refusal to participate in a chemical test for dangerous drugs.
- CPR/First Aid training
- Completion of Mariners Learning System™ USCG-approved Master 25/50/100 Ton online course
- Complete a USCG Original License Application Package
Click the map to view our testing locations by state, date and time. We currently offer testing in the states that are dark blue.
What You Need to Know About Testing...
Mariners Learning System™ has Coast Guard approved testing facilities located throughout the country. Each student wishing to complete one of Mariners Learning System™ Coast Guard approved courses is required to pass a proctored exam to receive a Certificate of Completion. This Certificate of Completion will be accepted by the Coast Guard in lieu of taking one of their exams for licensing purposes. If a student fails one or more modules, he or she may test twice without delay of the failed modules. Those who do not pass an exam module after three attempts must wait a period of 45 days to retest. The student will be required to complete the entire course prior to being allowed another three attempts at each module. In this case the student must retest and pass all exam modules.
To sit for a proctored exam you are required to have a confirmed date and seat in the Mariners Learning System™ proctored exam room. Without this electronic confirmation you will not be permitted to test.
Testing dates/locations close 14 calendar days before the scheduled test date, therefore you must register more than 14 calendar days before the scheduled test date.
Students testing for the first time and also retest students must register via the online registration. Only students who are currently enrolled in a Mariners Learning System™ course are permitted to register to take a proctored exam.
When you arrive to take the proctored exam you will be required to provide the proctor with a copy of the electronic proctored exam enrollment form, a legible copy of your Coast Guard recognized photo identification, and your online final exam completion letter(s). These copies will be retained for our records per USCG requirements. The list of acceptable forms of photo identification includes:
- U.S. Military identification card
- U.S. drivers license
- U.S. Passport
- Official identification card issued by a State, or local government.
- Official identification card issued by the Federal Government.
- Law enforcement credential, with photograph of the applicant, issued by Federal, State or local government
- Merchant Marine Document issued after February 3, 2003
- Foreign Passport
In addition you will also be required to supply a copy of the Final Online Exam Completion letters.
IMPORTANT NOTE: It is your responsibility to provide legible copies of both your identification and Final Exam completion letters. The proctor will not allow you to test unless these documents are provided. If you arrive to the testing facility without any of these required documents you will not be permitted to take the scheduled exam. No exceptions per Coast Guard policy. No other forms of identification will be accepted.
Mariners Learning System™ Proctored Testing Cancellation Policy
Registered students who are unable to attend their scheduled proctored exam are required to cancel their appointment for testing in writing at least 14 calendar days before the scheduled test date.
Cancellation for testing must sent to the Mariners Learning System™ staff in writing via email to Testing@MarinersLearningSystem.com and the student must receive written confirmation from Mariners Learning System™ staff in order for the cancellation to be valid.
If a student does not notify Mariners Learning System™ via email of their intention to change their confirmed proctored exam date at least 14 calendar days prior to the test date or if a student does not attend the registered test date, a $95.00 fee will be assessed the next time the student registers to take a proctored exam.
If a student does not follow the testing policy once again at a future test date, the student will be charged another fee of $95.00 when they reschedule.
As long as this policy is followed there is NO additional charge for changing a confirmed proctored test date.
Any student who has questions regarding this policy is directed to contact our corporate office for clarification at Support@MarinersLearningSystem.com