FCC Element 7R Online Exam
This product includes access to One (1) FCC Element 7R online marine radio station license exam with a maximum testing time of two hours.
The FCC Element 7R online marine radio station license exam covers topics relating to Restricted GMDSS radio operating procedures. Fifty questions concerning those GMDSS radio operating procedures and practices that are applicable to ship stations on vessels that sail exclusively in sea area A1, as defined in sections 80.1069 and 80.1081 of the Commission's Rules. To pass, an examinee must correctly answer at least 38 out of 50 questions.
Once you pass the required Element exam(s) for the FCC license that you are pursuing, Mariners Learning System will electronically file your license application with the FCC on your behalf. To do so we require that you provide us via email:
There are no course materials associated with this access to the Element 7R online exam.
We do offer a study guide for an additional fee.
To qualify for an FCC license, you must:
Be a legal resident of (or otherwise eligible for employment in) the United States.
Be able to receive and transmit spoken messages in English.
Pass a written exam as described under the Test Info tab.
Online Testing System Requirements
- You must take the exam on a desktop computer or laptop (not a tablet ex: Chromebook)
- You must have a working built-in or external webcam and microphone
- Your Internet speed must be at least 2 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload. Determine your Internet speed by running a test at: http://www.speedtest.net
- The lighting in the room must be bright enough so that your face and eyes can be seen throughout the duration of the exam.
- Your desk/workspace must be completely cleared of all papers, books, and reference materials. In addition, please clear the entire room (including walls and bookshelves) of any materials that could be considered reference materials. Any suspect items seen during the initial room scan by your proctor will be flagged.
Ensure you adhere to the rules during your exam.
- You MUST provide your valid government issued photo ID when requested.
- You MUST remain directly in front of your webcam for the duration of the exam.
- You MUST NOT have anyone else in the room with you for the duration of your exam.
- You MUST NOT interact or communicate with anyone by any means while testing.
- You MUST NOT use any other electronic devices (phone, iPod, headphones, MP3 player, another computer, etc.) while taking the exam.
- Reference materials (papers, pens, books, study guides, e-mails, website, etc.) MUST NOT be used while testing.
- You MUST NOT use any mobile device or have any mobile device within your eyesight during the exam.
- You MUST NOT access other websites or applications on the computer while testing.
- You MUST NOT intentionally disable internet connection while testing.
*Violation of any these rules will be flagged during your exam by the web proctor, and your exam WILL be marked as a FAIL, you will not be eligible for a refund and WILL be banned from re-taking the exam with Mariners Learning System.